Photos: (above) Latihan Hall – Wisma Subud, Indonesia, HF Cipanas, BCU School, Kalimantan
(below) International Helpers visit New Zealand, Boat trip in Kalimantan, Children from Mithra School, India
The World Subud Association is the umbrella organization for the world wide Subud community, which includes 54 member countries. There are Subud members in 86 countries world wide. The essence of Subud is a spiritual exercise or training called the ‘latihan’ which is open to people whatever their religion or belief. Through this practice a person may spontaneously go through inner changes that allow one to be more fully human and more sensitive to higher values, and these changes express themselves in one’s everyday pursuits. Subud involves no creed; people form their own beliefs based on their experiences. The WSA exists to support the practice and use of the latihan, and the human activities that arise from it. This web site describes some of these activities.
The first section of the website contains some basic information about the World Subud Association.
There follow five sections which describe the different programs and activities of the WSA as well as provides useful information.
- ZONES AND COUNTRIES: Divided by organizational zones, this includes information on WSA member countries with online resources.
- WSA ACTIVITIES: Featuring activities of the WSA and its affiliates concerning the broadly conceived humanitarian, developmental, educational and environmental and other aims of Subud.
- PROGRAMS FOR SUBUD: This section is dedicated to the programs of the WSA which serve the internal needs of the organization and its members.
- MEDIA PROGRAMS: This section is devoted to the media programs of the WSA, some of which pertain to the long-term projects of the WSA such as preserving archival material, the preservation, translation and publication of the talks of the founder of Subud, Bapak Sumohadiwijojo, and more.
- RESOURCES FOR WSA MEMBERS: Here various useful documents are available and you may find information on international finances, worldwide initiatives and the World Subud Council.
AFFILIATES and WSA’s FOUNDATION
The World Subud Association has created affiliate organizations that support its work.
Susila Dharma International Association
(SDIA) is the humanitarian affilate of WSA with a mission to relieve human suffering and promote just and sustainable development. www.susiladharma.org
The Subud International Cultural Association
(SICA) advances and celebrates activities that grow out of the development of the human soul. It is the cultural affilate of WSA. www.subud-sica.org
The Muhammad Subuh Foundation
(MSF) was established to fund the long-term objectives of the World Subud Association and accordingly funds various activities. www.msubuhfoundation.org